God promised King Hezekiah, “I will add 15 more years to your life” (2 Kings 20:6).
If you had a guarantee of 15 more years, what would you do with that promise? Let me suggest a few things. I give you 15 ideas for 15 years.
- Stay sober for 15 years, one day at a time.
- Sponsor 15 people over those 15 years.
- Invest 15 minutes a day with the Lord each morning.
- Accomplish one major personal goal each year.
- Lose 15 pounds.
- Become proficient at something new.
- Write a book.
- Become the person your dog thinks you are.
- Establish a weekly date night with your spouse.
- Relax more each day.
- Read through the Bible three times.
- Do a monthly Recovery Day.
- Go on a personal retreat.
- Be a better parent.
- Build a legacy.
Make your own list. Be proactive with your life and your recovery. Plan for the future. Then pray as though it all depends upon God while you work as though it all depends upon you.
Recovery Step: Plan well, work hard, pray daily.