Most of our readers are either sex addicts or are married to one. But some of you, while struggling with sexually compulsive activities, are not yet certain if you really qualify as an addict. Since there is no blood test for sexual addiction, a diagnosis will always include a level of subjectivity.
But for most of us, it becomes pretty clear. If you aren’t one of those, if you aren’t certain that you are a sexual addict, we can help. The following five criteria are consistent among addicts. If at least four of these describe you, you can be sure you have a problem.
- You consistently cross your own moral code with your sexual activities.
- Your sexual fantasies make it difficult to concentrate on daily tasks.
- You keep your sexual activities a secret.
- You feel enormous shame after acting out, but continue to do so anyway.
- You have tried to stop many times, without lasting success.
How many of these describe you? If you are a sex addict, seek help. Reach out to us today. We can help.
Recovery Step: “God will be gracious to you if you ask for help” (Isaiah 30:19).