There’s an old saying in sports – “Records are made to be broken.”
Well, here are a few records that might never be broken:
- Rickey Henderson – 1,406 stolen bases
- Wilt Chamberlain – 50.4 points per game for one season
- Cal Ripken, Jr. – 2,632 consecutive games played
- Brett Favre – 305 interceptions
- Joe DiMaggio – 56-game hitting streak
- Cy Young – pitched 749 complete games
Paul was a champion of breaking records, of reaching heights never achieved before. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13).
Now, think “recovery.” What can you accomplish in your personal recovery that you have never achieved before?
Recovery Step: Set a goal. Walk with God. Learn from others. Break a record.