Let me offer you the best advice you may get all day: Do something today that tomorrow will thank you for.
Whatever you do today will have future consequences. You make your decisions, then your decisions make you. You can bank on that.
The prophet warned, “You have borne the penalty of your lewdness and abominations” (Ezekiel 16:58).
Let me suggest a few things you can do today that tomorrow will thank you for:
- Go to a recovery meeting.
- Encourage someone new to recovery.
- Read some recovery material.
- Practice rigorous honesty.
- Do something for someone who has no means to repay you.
- Be the person your dog thinks you are.
Recovery Step: Do something today that tomorrow will thank you for.