For those of you living in the United States, today is election day. Millions of us will go to the polls and make a decision as to who should be our next senator, mayor, or dogcatcher. These decisions matter.
There are other decisions that matter. Let me give you my top ten list of great decisions you can make as an addict.
- Recognize you have a problem.
- Admit your current strategy isn’t working.
- Ask God for a broken heart.
- Call a therapist.
- Get to a meeting.
- Find a recovery program. (I recommend my 90-Day Program.)
- Cut off toxic relationships.
- Protect your devices.
- Prepare a therapeutic disclosure.
- Become accountable.
Recovery Step: “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God” (James 1:5). Then, once you know what to do, do what you know.