It starts with a dream. So ask yourself the following questions:
- Where do I want to be in five years?
- What would I do if I could?
- What big, hairy, audacious goals are worthy of my time?
- What can I do that no one has done before?
- What can I do that will leave a legacy?
Yes, it starts with a dream. Epictetus said, “First say to yourself what you would be, and then do what you have to do.”
When your dreams and God’s plans line up, get ready. Something big is about to happen. “Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand” (Proverbs 19:21).
I have recently been working on my own dreams – for the next five years of my life and this ministry. For me, it starts with recovery. If I’m not still walking in recovery five years from now, what do I have?
What about you? What are your dreams?
Recovery Step: Write down your dreams, starting with personal recovery.