Something I am coming to believe is that men and women are different. It’s just a hunch at this point, but the evidence is mounting. I don’t know much about being a woman, but I know a bit about being a man. And despite what you may have heard, being a man has certain advantages. Here are just a few.
- Phone conversations can be completed in 30 seconds.
- A five-day vacation requires a single suitcase.
- You can open all your own jars.
- You can go to the restroom without a support group.
- You can leave the hotel bed unmade.
- You kill your own food.
- Three pairs of shoes are plenty.
- You don’t mooch off the desserts of others.
- Your hairstyle never changes.
- You trim your nails with a pocketknife.
- Christmas shopping begins on December 24.
How are women different? For this, my list will be shorter. I don’t know a lot about women, but I do know this.
- Woman demand total honesty.
Recovery Step: Yes, men and women are different. The Bible confirms this: “Male and female he created them” (Genesis 2:24). Celebrate the differences. And if you are a guy in recovery, learn to practice total honesty in all things with your wife.