J.I. Packer wrote, “What makes life worthwhile is having a big objective, something that catches our imagination.”
What catches your imagination? What is your grand purpose for living? What objective gets you out of bed each day?
If you are in recovery, let me suggest a few objectives that you might find useful, all based on the number “24.”
- Pray for the next 24 seconds.
- Control your eyes for the next 24 minutes.
- Stay sober for the next 24 hours.
- Read devotions for the next 24 days.
- Work recovery for the next 24 years.
If you chase after these godly objectives, you will be rewarded for that effort. We are promised, “Be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded” (2 Chronicles 15:7).
Recovery Step: Identify your objective. Then go for it with all that you are.