In 2014, Beth and I moved to Florida. We are still learning some things about this amazing state. For example:
- No matter where you are in Florida, you are within 60 miles of a beach.
- It is illegal to sing while wearing swimwear in public.
- It is illegal for an unmarried woman to skydive on Sundays.
- Gatorade was named for the Florida Gators.
- The first ATM was installed in Miami, for rollerbladers.
- Once a year, thousands of Floridians stand at the state line and throw dead fish into Alabama.
- More people visit Orlando every day than live in Atlanta, Georgia.
I’ve learned something else about Florida. There are a lot of sex addicts here. But that was true in Texas, also. And it seems to be true everywhere
As of this writing, I have led men through my 90-Day Recovery Plan – from six different countries and 17 different states. The lesson? You are not alone.
Recovery Step: Whatever state (or country) you live in, embrace this promise. “I have learned, in whatever state I am, I will be content” (Philippians 4:11).