Best Life publication has produced “20 Crazy Facts that Will Blow Your Mind.” On their list:
- Humans are the only animals that enjoy spicy foods.
- Humans are also the only animals whose brains shrink.
- It is impossible to hum while holding your nose.
- Aldous Huxley and C.S. Lewis died the same day as JFK.
- Potato chips cause more weight gain than any other food.
On that last one, a Harvard University study of 120,000 people found that potato chips were to blame for the gain of an average of 1.69 pounds per person over four years.
I know what you’re thinking. 1.69 pounds over four years is worth the risk. But if you are 30, that means eating potato chips will add about 25 pounds to your frame over the rest of your life.
That’s how these indulgences work. They don’t seem like much at first, but their effects add up. The Bible says, “Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind” (Ephesians 2:3).
Recovery Step: Your lust will get you into trouble, inch by inch. But the results can be devastating. Turn away now.