I’ve been going to church for close to 50 years. I spent over 30 of those years as a senior pastor. And I think I’ve heard it all. Well, almost all. There are a few things I’ve never heard in church.
- “Your sermon was too short.”
- “I’ve decided to give the church the $500/month I was sending to TV evangelists.”
- “I want to volunteer to teach the junior high Sunday School class.”
- “I love it when we sing new songs.”
- “Our Board wants to send you to the Bible conference in the Bahamas.”
Sometimes, what we never hear is exactly what we need to hear. For example, Jesus once said, “Whoever looks on a woman with lust in his heart has committed adultery” (Matthew 5:28).
Most of us fly through a fantasy world with lust as our co-pilot. We think that lust can lead to a problem. But get this – lust is the problem.
Recovery Step: Take lust seriously.