Which of these is not correct?
- Babies have 100 more bones than adults.
- The Eiffel Tower can be 15 cm taller during the summer.
- 20% of Earth’s oxygen comes from the Amazon rainforest.
- In 2.3 billion years it will be too hot to live on Earth.
- It takes 8 minutes, 19 seconds for light to travel from the sun to Earth.
- Venus is the only planet that spins clockwise.
- You shouldn’t eat for 30 minutes after you swim.
The answer is the last one. But I heard that all the time, growing up. It never occurred to me at the time, that my parents told me that to get me out of the pool in our apartments.
We say a lot of things in order to force a desired outcome. This can cause a lot of damage in recovery. I have heard a lot of crazy stuff: “Watch porn as a couple.” “Just have more sex.” “Don’t tell your spouse what you’ve done.” “Your husband is more likely to come clean if you don’t request a polygraph.”
The Bible talks about people who are “ever hearing, but never understanding; ever seeing, but never perceiving” (Isaiah 6:9).
Be careful who you listen to. Not everything that sounds right actually is.
Recovery Step: Seek wise counsel from men and women who know what they’re talking about.